Tuesday 16 September 2008

Tuesday

First say to yourself what you would be;
and then do what you have to do.

Epictetus

I don't want this blog simply to be a dry account of pratice runs completed. I was standing in Waterstones looking at a triathlon book. Next to it was a training diary with a number of quotes in it. This one really sprang to my eye. I'm writing this before I head out for this week's long run - 11miles due. Now, once upon a time, six months ago, that was a huge distance. It still is. But it was also far beyond my ken. The first time that I ran 11 miles was the Bath Half marathon. Somehow, it doesn't seem quite as daunting as it once did. There's another quote, a Japanese proverb that I grabbed out of this morning's Times newspaper - "Giving birth to a baby is easier than worrying about it." I'm not going to pass judgement on whether giving birth is easy or not (from first hand experience, I'd say that it isn't.) But I think I get the point of this.

(Update)
Back in.

11 miles done. Slow tonight, 10mins 20 per mile average. REALLY hurt.

No comments: