Sunday 7 September 2008

Back On The Air

One of my September resolutions was to keep to the training schedule. Another was to write about it every day. 
So much for both of them. Weds I was supposed to run 8 miles. And...well, I drank too much the night before with a friend of mine who came round for supper and really didn't feel like it. Thursday, Jamie and Eleanor were with me so that precludes any training. And Friday it rained so much that I had no appetite whatsoever to get out on the road. 

So that brought me to Saturday already two runs behind at the end of the first week of my training. 
I filled in a lot of the deficit with 8 and a half miles yesterday. And I'm just back in from another five this morning along the canal towpath past the George pub (which I've now measured at exactly two miles from my front door). 

So that puts me three miles behind where I'm supposed to be at this point. 

No comments: