Monday 1 September 2008

Three Months And Counting

Three months to go before I'm on the start line in Florence. In the last couple of weeks before the Bath tri, I was conscious of not having trained enough. I'm not going to feel like that again.

There's a start of term sort of feel to the day. For me, this morning was the first time that I've stuck to the schedule outlined in the book. Out of the door this morning at 7.30am, out along the canal towpath to the stone bridge and then back again. So I reckon that that's about four miles - more than I'm supposed to have done according to the training program.

For me, today feels like a fresh start, a bit like New Year's Day is supposed to feel. So in that spirit, here are some resolutions that I'm going to stick to during the next three months
  1. Only buy stuff of a shopping list
  2. Only supermarket shop once a week
  3. Never take the kids to a supermarket
  4. Make a list of expenditure
During the course of the day, I've already been to Morrisons twice. So that's one resolution down within the first 24hours....

No comments: