Thursday 28 August 2008

One Month On


I completed the Bath triathlon on July 27th.
And for the last month I've done nothing. I swam every day when I was away on holiday with the children. And for the last couple of weeks when I've been staying in Upton Cheyney I've been riding into and back from the office whenever the weather has allowed. And that's a round trip of about eighteen miles.But I haven't run once.

And I can feel it. There's something missing. I'm not that keen to get out of bed in the morning and I can feel myself wanting to get out and do some exercise that gets my heart going and forces me to push.

So tonight I put on my running shoes and headed off. The Simpsons was just starting on C4. It had just ended when I came back in through the front door. 2.3 miles according to Google Maps.

No comments: