Wednesday 1 July 2009

Here goes

When I first started training for the Florence Marathon, I found a quote which really inspired me. It was from the Stoic philosopher Epictetus.
"First say to yourself what you would be. And then do what you have to do."

In fact, I thought it was so inspiring that I wrote it out on a scrap of paper which I safety pinned to my shirt before I set off.


And ever since then, I've not had an event to train for. So that's about to change. Here's the schedule of events in which I'm planning to participate over the next fifteen months:

Sept 2009 Bristol Half Marathon
Nov 2009 Athens Marathon
Mar 200 Bath Half Marathon
June 2010 Ironman (probably Ironman France or Ironman UK)
Sept 2010 Ironman 70.3 Monaco
Nov 2010 NYC Marathon

Of course, some of these might have to change because of work commitments, etc. And now I've said what I would be, I'd better start doing what I have to do.

No comments: